Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rowdy Houseguest

Tonight's Rowdy House Menu has a special guest.  My buddy, PJ, who I've gotten to know through work functions is in town for a few days and requested 2 things for dinner:  1.  to help cook and be a featured guest on the blog and 2. "healthy fooooooood"

I of course, told him he came to the right place and we got to work as soon as he arrived.  (He's en route from North Carolina to Ohio)

We whipped up a batch of homemade veggie burgers using a recipe I found on Daily Garnish awhile back. I've actually had the pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in the pantry for awhile now, they have been sneaking into other meals the whole time.  Whoops.

A fun meal in pictures:


Just back from a 3.5 miler.  Making burgers.  



We served our burgers with sweet potato fries and salads. 


I thought about including a recipe for these, but then I would need to change the name of the blog to "Julia Roasts Veggies in the Oven" or something like that.  I will tell you that I generously sprinkle these guys with chili powder, black pepper, salt, cumin and coriander before they go in the oven.  But you could totally put anything on these.  You could even go sweet, with cinnamon and sugar.  Yum.
  

Lookin' good.  I didn't think they would be firm enough, but they firmed up. 


Burgers were dressed up with whole wheat buns, avocado,and more hipster barbecue sauce. 


That's a happy weary traveler.  

I swear Peej is a nice guy, but Rowdy seems a little disappointed that it wasn't Matt following me in the door this evening.  I'm sure he'll warm up to our Rowdy Houseguest, though!


Cranky little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment